** If you’re a coordinator interested in registering your school in the 2023 fair, please email email@example.com
Please note that the dates of the 2023 fair are as follows:
Thursday April 20th – Project set up at the Oval
Friday April 21st – Judging
Saturday April 22 – Awards
- School registration October 11th to December 16th
- Independent registration begins December 16th
December – February
- February 1st – Last day to register independent projects
- February 28th- last day to register school projects (deadline for Ethics and Due Care form submission for both independent and school projects).
- Review and print the relevant documents and forms (see Documents section on this page).
- Does a project involve human subjects, animals, or animal tissue? If so, review the Ethics and Due Care page on our website, and ensure that all appropriate forms have been filled out and submitted.
- Projects falling into the “significant risk” category must complete Participation of Humans – Significant Risk Approval Form 2B. The Ethics and Due Care Committee makes the final determination of risk. A sample completed Informed Consent Form 2C must accompany forms 2A and 2B.
- Check that all of your projects comply with the Entry Rules and Safety Regulations
- Begin working with students on their projects.
- Receive information about the online Student/Project Registration by email.
- Hold your own science fair (optional) and select projects for entry into the CYSF.
- Review the Project DIVISIONS/TOPICS with your students before filling out the School Use Student/Project Registration Forms.
- Complete the School Use Student/Project Registration Forms with students and parents. These completed forms will be used to register your students online. They are NOT to be sent in to us.
- Ensure that parents and entrants received the Entry Rules, Safety Regulations and, if applicable, the Ethics and Due Care Form 2A (to be filled out online).
- Last day for students to edit their registered projects is March 31st.
- Check to make sure all of your projects are on the list and that all information is correct (contact us right away if you find an error).
Before the Fair
- Ensure that the project complies with all of our Entry Rules and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure that all students have completed their projects online by March 31 at 9:00 am. No changes to projects will be allowed after this time
- April 21: Metal and Award Round Judging
Note: only students who are selected for further judging during the medal round will be judged in the award round.
- April 22: awards ceremony
Note: there will be no public viewing this year. Awards on the 22nd will be open to students only but potentially live streamed for parents and families. Students who are unwell or immunocompromised will have their projects judged on the platform and those students who might qualify for special awards would be judged via phone interview. These plans are still being worked out through the CYSF society, so are subject to changes.