The 2017 fair participants will be judged on Friday April 21st at the Olympic Oval at the University of Calgary.
If you are interested in being a judge at the science fair, and are at least 19 years old or attending a post-secondary institution, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Review the Judges FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).
- Complete the Online Registration Form.
- If you haven't judged before, or if you'd like a refresher, attend one of the Judging Seminars that are held before the fair. The seminars helps judges become more familiar with the fair, the scientific method, judging procedures and communicating with young scientists. Returning judges who would like a refresher on the judging process are also encouraged to attend. Sandwiches, juice and cookies are provided.
- The dates for the seminars are as follows:
- Seminar 1: Monday, April 10, 12PM to 1PM: Devon Tower: 400 3 Ave SW
- Seminar 2:Thursday April 20, 6 PM to 7 PM: Olympic Oval at the University of Calgary
Attend the Judges' Preview night at the Olympic Oval at the University of Calgary. All judges are encouraged to drop in to preview the projects with no students present and to meet with other judges in a social setting. Judges will be given the project locations of the projects they will likely be judging on Friday morning. Snacks and beverages will be provided.
Show up for the actual judging day at the Olympic Oval at the University of Calgary at 7:15 am. Unless you are involved in the second round judging process, you should be finished by around noon.
Elementary Tally Sheet (French)
Know anyone else who may be interested in judging? We are still looking for more judges, particularly ones with expertise in life and health sciences. Please direct them to this page, or download our flyer and distribute it to anyone who might be interested.